Supreme Court of India
Arshad @ Syed Ahmed Arshad vs State Of Punjab on 7 September, 2015Author: A R Dave
Bench: Anil R. Dave, Adarsh Kumar Goel
IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
CRIMINAL ORIGINAL JURISDICTION
CRIMINAL APPEAL NO.1164 OF 2015
(Arising out of SLP(Crl.)No.5861 of 2015)
ARSHAD @ SYED AHMED ARSHAD … APPELLANT(S)
STATE OF PUNJAB … RESPONDENT(S)
J U D G M E N T
ANIL R. DAVE, J.
1. Heard the learned counsel.
2. Leave granted.
3. Looking at the facts of the case, we direct that in the event of
arrest of the appellant, he shall be enlarged on bail on the conditions
which might be thought proper by the Court concerned.
4. It is further directed that the appellant shall deposit Rs.25 lakhs
(Rupees Twenty Five Lakhs only) within two weeks from today and a further
sum of Rs.7,50,000/- (Rupees Seven Lakhs Fifty Thousand only) within eight
weeks from today, so as to make a total sum of Rs.50 lakhs (Rupees Fifty
Lakhs only), with the trial court.
5. The deposit of the afore-said amount shall be without rights and
contentions which might be raised by the parties. The amount so deposited
shall be subject to the final order which might be passed by the trial
6. The amount which has been deposited with this Court shall be
transmitted to the trial court.
7. The appellant shall cooperate with the investigation.
8. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of. Pending
application, if any, stands disposed of.
[ANIL R. DAVE]
[ADARSH KUMAR GOEL]
7th September, 2015.